1. First, accept that you are a sinner Romans 3:10 reads: “…There is none righteous, no, not one.” And again in Romans 3:23, the Bible says: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Our sins have separated us from God. Before Jesus will become your Saviour and give you eternal life in Heaven, you must first know and accept that you are a sinner and in need of Him to save you.
2. Second, agree that your sin must be paid for with death and hell. Romans 6:23a reads: “For the wages of sin is death…” Revelation 20:14, 15 continues: “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” According to God’s Word, we are all sinners, and our sin must be paid for. If we fail to trust Christ in this life, we will die without Him and spend eternity separated from God in a literal lake of fire called “hell.”
3. Third, believe that Christ died for your sins and then rose again. Romans 5:8 reads: “But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” I Corinthians 15:1-4 brings good news: “…I declare unto you the gospel…that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” The best news that anyone could ever tell you is that God loves you and Jesus died for you. All our sins were laid on Him. He paid our sin debt in full. He then overcame the power of death by raising back to life.
4. Fourth, turn from your sin and trust Christ as your personal Saviour. Romans 10:13 reads: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” You can believe that God loves you. You can believe that you are a sinner and that sin must be paid for; but if you are not willing to trust God by accepting the Lord Jesus as your personal Saviour, you will die without Christ. Acts 20:21 reads: “Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.” God promises in Romans 10:9“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
Let us review for a moment 1. Do you accept that you are a sinner? (Romans 3:10; Romans 3:23)
2. Do you agree with the Bible that sin must be paid for? (Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:14-15)
3. Do you believe that Christ died for you, then rose from the dead three days later? (Romans 5:8; I Corinthians 15:1-4)
4. Do you see that you must turn from your sin and trust Christ as your personal Saviour? (Romans 10:13; Acts 20:21; Romans 10:9)
If you now understand God’s one and only way to Heaven, then do not pass up your opportunity to accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour. “…behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation…”(II Corinthians 6:2b)
In your own words, trust Christ right now with a prayer similar to the following:
Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I am genuinely sorry for my sin, and I need to be saved. I believe that You died on the cross to pay for my sin, and that You arose from the grave because of Your power over death and hell. I’m putting all my faith and trust in You alone to forgive me of my sins, come into my heart, save my soul from hell, and take me to Heaven when I die. Thank you, Jesus, for your gift of eternal life. Amen.
New Life Everlasting life begins when you accept Christ as your personal Saviour. The Lord Jesus said, “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish…”(John 10:28) If you have trusted Christ as your personal Saviour, please call or email us and let us know. We would like to rejoice with you and help you to learn more about Jesus Christ, salvation, and what God wants you to do now that you are spiritually born again.
Sunday Sunday School 10:00 AM Morning Service 11:00 AM Evening Service 6:00 PM Wednesday Evening Service 7:00 PM